Monday, January 11, 2010

The colors of life...

" There is not one blade of grass,
  there is no color in this world
  that is not intended to make us rejoice. "

Man's existance could very well be described by the infinite colors that drape his life...
My poem " An Autobiography " sums up the colors that provide the different hues of life...

The colours merged in the painting I drew
Merged and lost their identity;
Like the placid sea with an azure hue
At the horizon meets the blue infinity.

Though some shades of dark grey and black
Stood out, as if it had a story to tell;
And speak of events that happened long back
At the thought of which, my eyes did swell.

And some portions of brighter tints and colours
Were too conspicuous to have faded away;
And reminded me of some blissful hours
Memories of which were as bright as May.

And there was a time when newer dyes
Were added at the crack of dawn;
But today when the sun does rise
Fresh coats of paint, is a hope forlorn.

And the painting may have paled a bit
With some shades of affairs lost in obscurity
For time had taken its toll on it
‘ It ’, the canvas, I call my autobiography.