Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Colors of the Wind...

" You can own the Earth and still
   All you'll own is Earth until
   You can paint with all the colors of the wind "

It's uncanny to believe that Pocahontas knew of the "colors of the wind" at that young an age.
As I share my poem "Messages from Afar", I come to realize what the "colors of the wind" mean and why they are so important to us in life...

The ancient wind swept across my face tonight,
While I sauntered down the memory lane,
It was laden heavy with tidings in flight
That had travelled afar from the verdant plains.

Nearly fifteen thousand miles it blew over
And pervaded every stretch of land I trod,
And also the land beyond the Delphic borders
Whose stories I had heard at my cradle abode.

And it whispered softly into my ears
To unload the memories it brought from home, 
And a nonchalance greeted the breezy zephyr
As it dashed to waltz around the mountain dome.

And the wind filled me with a sense of belonging
On wherever I wandered in search of warmer climes,  
Be it El Dorado or virginal surroundings
The wind was its keeper since the relics of time.